Replacing a tail light on your Toyota Corolla is a pretty simple process that anyone can do. It does not require any special tools or expertise, and can be done in just a few minutes. This guide will walk you through the process step-by-step so that you can get your car back on the road as soon as possible.
Can I replace tail light myself?
Fortunately, tail light bulb replacement isn't difficult, and it shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes to an hour. Keep in mind that newer models may be a little more complicated than earlier ones because there will be additional wires to unplug. But as long as you're careful and take your time, you should be able to do it without any problems.
1. Start by opening the trunk of your car. Locate the two screws that hold the tail light assembly in place and remove them with a Phillips head screwdriver.
2. Carefully pull the assembly away from the car, being careful not to drop or damage it.
3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the back of the tail light.
4. Remove the old tail light bulb from the socket and insert a new one. Be sure to orient it correctly so that it will make contact when you reassemble the unit.
5. Reconnect the electrical connector and reinstall the tail light assembly, making sure to tighten the screws securely.
6. Close the trunk and you're done! Your car is now ready to hit the road again. Thanks for following along.
How often do I need to replace my tail light bulb?
Tail light bulbs typically last for several years, but they can burn out prematurely if they are frequently exposed to moisture or dirt. If you notice that your tail light isn't as bright as it used to be, it's probably time to replace the bulb.
What is the best tail light bulb?
There are many different types of tail light bulbs on the market, so it's hard to say definitively which one is best. However, LED bulbs are a popular option because they are very bright and long-lasting. Whichever type of bulb you choose, be sure to get one that is the correct size and wattage for your car.
What are the consequences of driving with a burnt out tail light?
It is illegal to drive with a burnt out tail light, and you could be pulled over if you are caught. In addition, a burnt out tail light makes it more difficult for other drivers to see your car, which could lead to an accident. So it's definitely in your best interest to replace a burnt out bulb as soon as possible.
Replacing a tail light on your Toyota Corolla is a simple, straightforward process that anyone can do. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and take your time, and you'll have your car back on the road in no time.